Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sickness and a Sense of Humor

For the past few months, I've been kind of under the weather. I don't like to complain about my health and of course no one really wants to hear it. Healthy and unhealthy people or a bore. This aches, that hurts, I think I might be....... When one says, "How are you", they mean and don't mean it. Think people before opening your mouth. My usual response is, "I'm fine", and probably passing some kind of stone at the same time.

But, no, really.....I've had this cough, I describe as the whooping cough. I can't sleep nights so I spend most of them drinking tea, sucking on chocolate frosting, cough drops or just plain miserable. I do manage to get some crocheting done. What I would like is to stop coughing.

Well, I finally remembered to tell the Doc, I got a pertussis/tetanus shot. Yes, we adults need to keep up with our shots as well. Prescription for Robitussin, over the counter and some pills, all taken as needed, it took about a day to go through these and still coughing. Sitting on the side of the bed, tears in eyes, there has to be something better.

One night, I decided to sleep in the dining room chairs, sitting straight up, chairs pushed together, heavily upholstered and feet propted up. Best sleep I've had in a while. I didn't cough much and woke up bright-eyed and bushy tailed. Loved every minute of it.

While figuring I wanted a little more sleep, I resigned to the bedroom, after about 30 minutes, I was coughing and hacking again. What the ???????? As I questioned my bedroom and what was in it, I decided that between the yarn, the covered headboard and the man, something had to go. I got rid of the headboard that night and the man the next. We're all allergic to something.

No really, people, for real, regardless of age, make sure your shots are up to par at whatever age and take care of yourselves, I need all my creative friends hanging out with me. We've got a lot of creating to do.

And I still have the cough, just not as bad.

2 comments:

Christine said...

LOL, got rid of the man eh? The fact that you were able to sleep better while sitting up, it makes one wonder if it's reflux or something like that. Probably allergies though...really do hope you feel better.

Chris

Sherryl said...

yep, got rid of the man....lol. Thanks for the sentiment.