Sunday, February 22, 2009

Self Opinion

Nobody holds a good opinion of a man who has a low opinion of himself. ("I always thought I should be treated like a star." -Madonna)

Now this doesn't mean to become an 'ass clown', as my oldest would call it, but there is certainly nothing wrong with holding yourself to high standards.

Always think well of yourself in doing good, (doing the right thing/things). Last night my 14 year old walked to the store with his sister's and nephew, while in en route they came upon a man whose car had stopped and needed help. At fourteen he stopped to help. He came into the house informing me of what had happened. He told me of how he saw this man trying to push his car out of the streets and how he jumped right in to help. He felt really good about himself.

One of his sister's spoke that she wouldn't and didn't try to help, that was a bit much, pushing a car. Well, I guess it is if it's a female. I praised my son for doing the right thing, the helpful thing. Nothing makes one feel better about himself than helping another fellow human being.

This one act of kindness raised his opinion of himself so today I want to know what is it he's going to do today to help someone.

What we think of ourselves is very important and it shows in the way we treat other's and the way we carry ourselves. This week find one thing, just one, to do. To boost your opinion of yourself as you go about the business of running your life and business.

Remember we should have high expectations of ourselves on a regular basis. Make them obtainable and as we reach each one, set the bar a little higher.

No comments: