Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day









January 20, 2009, the day the world stood still. I never thought I would witness such a feat. One person, President Obama, brought not only an entire country but a world in turmoil together to share a common goal.














I am truly blessed to have been alive on that day. I for one never thought it impossible but highly improbable. There are times I do enjoy being wrong. I watched this gloriously auspicious episode from beginning to end. Well, not exactly, I fell asleep about 12 a.m. CST.





I smiled, I oohhed, ahhhhhed, laughed and cried. I marveled at the crowds of people on the square and I felt so proud. I'm still smiling, for on this day there was not one arrest or disturbance amongst the millions of people.














My party started Sunday with the HBO Special. A true party capping the weekend. I was so tired when it all ended and seeing three of the ten balls, I passed out as if I had actually been there.










I am truly happy for all those who were able to attend, I know this is something they will keep in their hearts always, I know I will. I must say that I am proud of all my people today for coming together as one in celebration.


The new day is a part of me and I feel we are on the right track. I am looking forward to a prosperous year and years to come. The economy seems dead at the moment, but we're on our way back. There are still Mom and Pop shops still thriving and their spirits are high. Inspiration is on the rise, keep up the good work America. Don't lose the enthusiasm.



I love you guys, stay happy, stay strong and keep moving forward.
Share your thoughts and feelings for that day.


Hope you enjoyed a few of my favorite pictures from the day. You can find more at:








No comments: