Saturday, July 12, 2008

DO ONE THING

DO ONE THING



Commit to doing only the projects and activities which are connected to your main goal. Make sure it is directly or indirectly moving you towards your main goal. Please, try and stay away from anything that will confuse, sidetrack or drain your energy.

Now that your goals are set, remember to say ‘Yes’, to what vehicles take you to the place you want to be and ‘No’ to those that don’t or won’t.

If you’re anything like me you have friends that will usually need you to stop and hang out, pursue a project for them an assure you it won’t take much of your time. You have a schedule, stick to it. Nothing hurts as much as putting you on the back burner when there is work to be done. Playing catch up, and that is with just about anything in life, is very hard to do. Hang out when it’s convenient for you; hang out when you need to unwind. They will understand in time. Your time (life) is very important.

When I was younger, I thought I worked better under pressure. Now I’ve found that that is not the best thing for your mind or your body. The assembly line does not work well for me now. I find it to be draining. I share this because I care. I’m not good at math or wish to deal with the details of it, so I let someone else handle my ledger. I’m only good at what I do and that is one thing, I work with my hands.

I do this blog, not because I’m good at it, I do it because I enjoy it; it helps me to stay focused and relaxes me. Plus I do like to talk as anyone that knows me will tell you. As a matter of fact I spent the holiday catching up on friends and family, both close and long distance.
Take a day, just one day a week and let people know when you will be available. Pick a day for advertising, a day to relax and the others are devoted to your goal. You can’t do it all at once and that that you can’t do designate. Your goal or goals are very important and important to and for you. Never lose sight of where you’re going and remember to take care of yourself and your business.

How do you eat and elephant? One bite at a time. So after each bite be nice to yourself.

As usual, comment, question, speak out. Communicate.
Sherryl

No comments: