Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Procrastinator or ADHD


pro·cras·ti·nate /prəˈkræstəˌneɪt/ verb

pro·cras·ti·nates; pro·cras·ti·nat·ed; pro·cras·ti·nat·ing [no obj] : to be slow or late about doing something that should be done : to delay doing something until a later time because you do not want to do it, because you are lazy, etc.

▪ He procrastinated and missed the submission deadline. He told her to stop procrastinating and get to work.

I haven't quite figured out which category I fit into. I'm really good at starting projects and completing some. It's the big finishes that get me. I can sit and crochet all day, a ton of this or that. The hard part is over, I tell myself. Making the item wasn't really the hard part. I've found that the hard part is the complete finishing.

Above there is a picture I took back in February of Fedora's I made and to this day, guess what? You're right. They are incomplete. I'm still stumped as to hatbands or no hatbands. Flowers or cording. Ribbon, satin or grosgrain. See my dilemma. So tell me, am I a procrastinator, do I have AHDD, lazy or maybe just overwhelmed.

Honestly, I think I just hate furnishing's. Wish I could afford to contract that part out but my sister says I wouldn't be satisfied because my biggest problem is I'm a perfectionist looking for the perfect finish. In the mean time I'm running out of storage space.

Am I the only one with this problem between us craftsters? I haven't finished the solids and already started work on the two-toned ones. Now tell me, does this make sense? While writing this my mind is already at work on the tri-colored ones. Will someone please, please, send me the finishing karma.

No comments: