Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ready For the Holidays - Pt. 5




Getting the Word Out

We’ve covered a lot up to this point and there is always more to know. I’ve made several banners preparing for the upcoming holiday season and a few to represent the upcoming fall season. During the past week I’ve given thought to how to get the word out, ‘It’s that time of year.’

Last year I instituted a lay-a-way plan in my shop for items over a certain dollar amount. Now is the time to announce you’re ready to do custom made items to assure delivery for the holiday. Get out your mailing list and notify your customers you’re ready to accommodate them for the holiday. Let them know if you’ve added a new line. You can do this by sending out a brochure, postcards or use your blog. If you don’t have a blog, start one.

This doesn’t have to be a costly event. You can make each of these items by using your Microsoft Publisher program. I use Microsoft PowerPoint to make my banners, you can also use Paint, but I find it difficult to work with.

Insert your logo or your holiday banner, pictures of your featured items with descriptions, no prices (you want to bring them to your site).

Offer coupons to repeat customers, free shipping on select items for a limited time. Put links to your store in all your social networking profiles. Offer gift wrapping if you don’t already.

Post new items on your blog, people love to see what you’ve done or what you’re working on.

With all this in mind, remember there holidays throughout the year and you can even invent some of your own.

I hope this helps your holiday season a little brighter,a little easier and prosperous for you.

Have fun putting your shop together and keep me posted, I would love to see what you've done.

Above is one of my new holiday banners, made using PowerPoint and clipart from Microsoft.com, it's free.

1 comment:

Harriett said...

I love your banner!! I'm going to try to send out some flyers in my neighborhood and see how that works. Thank you for sharing these valuable business tips.