Friday, June 25, 2010

Making Money Doing What You Love

Niche II
If you have worked through the previous questions of finding your niche, you should have yourfoundation for creating your business. Let me say this now, this will not be the only time you willhave to think about your niche. This process can change even after you’ve started your business. I’m still working on mine.

Knitting and crocheting is such a broad category, there are so many different items one can make, some time consuming, some quick. I think about all the items I’ve made and try to figure out which ones I derive the most enjoyment from (one that I can do over and over again). I’ve found that I have done more shrugs than anything else, so this is truly my niche anything else I do is secondary. I can also see that shrugs can easily turn into midriff sweaters and possibly cardigans in the future. With all this said this is one way of adding to your niche. But remember, one item at a time as to not be overwhelmed.
Keep a notebook with your projects in mind and add to it as often as needed. Take a look at what it is that you enjoy, note it. Next think in terms of adding to it slowly, over a period of time and figure out what are the other possibilities over time. Nothing happens over night. There is nothing wrong with working at a slow and steady pace to get your business where you want it to be. The key is not to give up or get discouraged. For insight feel free to ask family and friends for input or insight, food for thought and outside you can be good for business. Even if you don’t like some of the things you hear, try and keep the answers in prospective, they may come in handy later.
SCORE is also another good place to start for help and objective input.

SCORE: Counselors to America’s Small Business

SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives) is a nonprofit organization with about 400 chapters in the United States. They have volunteers who provide training and one-on-one business consultation at no charge.

We are in this to make a living doing what we love.

No comments: